Approved Process Sources
HOW WE MEASURE QUALITY
These are the specifications we use for ensuring quality at every step of the manufacturing process.
Purchase Order Flow Down
Purchasers are required to adequately define and document the statement of work, where appropriate: specification, specification revision, specification departures, Type, Class, Grade, program number, design authority, pre/post processing steps, as applicable. The organization shall ensure the adequacy of specified purchase requirements prior to their communication to the processor.
Our suppliers are required to meet the same stringent standards we hold ourselves to. Suppliers are required to review and conform to the Quality Requirements and Terms and Conditions in these linked documents.
This document is not a replacement for any Boeing controlled documents, it is intended as a reference for the applicability of specifications and their deviations that are authorized by the D1-4426. This document is provided to assist with “specification, specification revision, specification departures” of unique commodity requirements. These will include Chemical processes, Heat Treat and Surface Enhancement (Shot Peen). Any other requirements will be on another form.
Below on the following pages you will find the specifications for performed and requested processes controlled by the D1-4426. The associated PSD’s (Process Specification Departure) are shown adjacent to the specification. This list is kept current but it is always your responsibility to verify accuracy through the Boeing Portal.
Determine applicability of the Departures by Subcontractor Affected, Model and Department. If the Subcontractor is All then it applies to Orion. If the Subcontractor is the vendor that Orion is using for the Purchase Order then it also applies. Subcontractor of None is an internal Boeing shop designator and is not applicable.
Model is self explanatory but does sometimes need the “Mfg Dept” to determine if it is applicable or not. There are commercial airframes used for a military aircraft, for example the P8. There are some models listed on the PSD that are not immediately apparent as to the program and will need some investigation for a determination.
The “Mfg Dept Of Div Below Affected” is a further limitation on to the range and scope of that particular PSD.
In general the “6-XXX” PSD codes are Boeing Commercial Airplane (BCA) and derivative aircraft “prior” to delivery to Boeing Defense, Space and Security (BDS) the “8-XXX” is a category for Boeing Helicopter (BH), and the “9-XXX” PSD’s are BDS-Puget Sound/Wichita/Huntsville (BDS-PS/W/H). Product Group identifiers other than 6, 8, 9 exist; however, identifiers other than 6, 8, 9 are not valid for new PSD’s. Existing PSD’s are valid until superseded or cancelled.
- BAC 5975 — Fusion Welding of Metals
- BAC 5753 — CLEANING - DESCALING OF TITANIUM
- SPS-106320 — Boric Sulfuric Acid Anodizing
- SPS-107100 — APPLICATION OF SPECIAL PURPOSE COATINGS
- SPS-107190 — CHEMICAL CONVERSION COATINGS FOR ALUMINUM AND ALUMINUM ALLOYS
- QQ-P-416 — CADMIUM PLATING TYPES I AND II
- PS 13209 — COATING - MULTICOLORED CHEMICAL CONV OF ALUM ALLOYS BY IMMERSION
- PS 13201.1 —
- PS 13201 — ANODIZING ALUMINUM S304
- MIL-T-10727 — TIN PLATING
- MIL-C-26074 — ELECTROLESS NICKEL COATINGS
- MIL-C-5541 — CHEMICAL CONVERSION COATING ON ALUMINUM
- MIL-A-8625 — ANODIC COATINGS FOR ALUMINUM AND ALUMINUM ALLOYS
- DPS 11.01-3 — CHROMIC ACID ANODIZING - CHROMATE SEALED
- DPS 11.01-2 —
- DPS 11.01 —
- DPS 9.45 — CONVERSION COATINGS FOR ALUMINUM
- BAC 5884 — ANODIZING OF ALUMINUM ALLOYS
- BAC 5861 — PHOSPHATE FLUORIDE COATINGS - TITANIUM
- BAC 5851 — APPLICATION OF THERMAL SPRAY COATINGS
- BAC 5821 — HARD ANODIZING - CLASS 1 AND 2
- BAC 5811 — DRY FILM LUBRICANT - EXCLUDING TYPE VIII
- BAC 5793 — APPLICATION OF CORROSION RESISTANT FINISH FOR INTEGRAL FUEL TANKS
- BAC 5719 — CHEMICAL CONVERSION COATINGS FOR ALUMINUM AND ALUMINUM ALLOYS
- BAC 5701 — CADMIUM PLATING
- BAC 5665 — APP OF SOL-GEL CONV COATINGS ON COR RESISTANT ALLOYS FOR PAINTING
- BAC 5637 — ZINC-NICKEL ALLOY PLATING
- BAC 5632 — BORIC ACID - SULFURIC ACID ANODIZING
- BAC 5626 — COLORED CHEM CONVERSION COATINGS FOR ALUM IMMERSION APP ONLY
- BAC 5555 — PHOSPHORIC ACID ANODIZING OF ALUMINUM FOR STRUCTURAL BONDING
- BAC 5514 — COMMON BONDING REQUIREMENTS FOR STRUCTURAL ADHESIVES
- BAC 5022 — SULFURIC ACID ANODIZING
- BAC 5019 — CHROMIC ACID ANODIZING
- AMS-QQ-P-416 — PLATING- CADMIUM (ELECTRODEPOSITED)
- AMS-C-26074 — COATINGS- ELECTROLESS NICKEL REQUIREMENTS FOR
- AMS 2417 — ZINC-NICKEL ALLOY PLATING
- SPS-108610 — APPLICATION OF PHOSPHATE-FLUORIDE AND OTHER CONVERSION COATINGS FOR TITANIUM AND TITANIUM ALLOYS
- SPS-107360 — APPLICATION OF CHEMICAL AND SOLVENT RESISTANT FINISHES
- BAC 5602 — HEAT TREAT OF ALUM ALLOYS
- BAC 5611 — HEAT TREATMENT OF COPPER AND COPPER ALLOYS
- BAC 5613 — HEAT TREATMENT OF TITANIUM AND TITANIUM ALLOYS
- BAC 5616 — HEAT TREATMENT OF NICKEL-BASE AND COBALT-BASE ALLOYS
- BAC 5617 — HEAT TREAT OF ALLOY STEELS
- BAC 5619 — HEAT TREAT OF CORROSION RESISTANT STEEL
- BAC 5625 — SURFACE TREATMENTS FOR FERROUS ALLOYS
- BAC 5640 — NITRIDING OF STEEL
- BAC 5641 — CARBURIZING OF CARBON AND ALLOY STEEL
- BAC 5751 — CLEANING, DESCALING AND SURFACE PREPARATION OF FERROUS ALLOYS
- DPS 7.00-1-17 — ALUMINUM HEAT TREATMENT PROCEDURES C17
- MIL-H-6875 — HEAT TREAT OF CORROSION RESISTANT STEEL
- PS 15500 — HEAT TREAT FOR ALUMINUM ALLOYS
- SPS-106190 — H/T OF CORROSION RESISTANT STEELS
- SPS-106020 — H/T OF ALUMINUM ALLOYS
- AMS-H-6875 — HEAT TREAT OF CORROSION RESISTANT STEEL
Surface Enhancement (Shot Peen)
- BAC 5730 — SHOT PEENING